To connect your website with your PayPal account, you need a "Client ID" and "secret". The client ID and secret authenticates your website with PayPal.
You can use an existing client ID or create a new one.
To get your client ID or set up a new one:
- Go to https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications/ and click Log into Dashboard in the top, right corner of the page and log in using your PayPal account.
- Scroll down to REST API Apps and click the name of your app to see the app's details. If you don't have any apps, create one now by:
a. Clicking Create App.
b. In the App Name field, enter the word "Mindwire" and then click Create App again. The app is created and your "Client ID" is displayed.
Copy and paste this "Client ID" into an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Below the "Client ID", you will also the heading “Secret”. Below that, is a link labelled "Show". Click the “Show” link to show your secret. Copy and paste this "secret" into an email and send it to email@example.com.
- Go back to the main Dashboard by clicking “My Apps & Credentials” in the left hand navigation panel.
- Click the Sandbox / Live toggle to display and copy the "Client ID" and "Secret" again (they will be a different "Client ID" and "secret" this time). Also paste these into an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All done. You can now leave the rest to us.
We'll let you know once your website has been integrated with PayPal. We'll also perform some tests and ask you to perform some tests as well once we're happy everything is working.