We don’t use vulnerable independent servers.
Instead, an industrial strength cluster of web servers are utilised as is Network Appliance (NetApp) terabyte storage.
Clustered websites aren't housed on any single server, but on as many as a dozen at once. Should hardware fail, healthy servers simply close ranks and share the load.
Thanks to Clustered Hosting, Australian businesses can now have unparalleled uptime and reliability.
Hardware, software and network infrastructure is optimized for speed and efficiency, and robust enough to handle the peaks and valleys of customer demand.
This Clustered Hosting Network is an Australian first and is the result of a unique technology partnership with Network Appliance.
Call us now on (07) 4035 6006 or 1300 88 25 33.
Private Australian data-centre
Here at Mindwire we aim to provide you with the best hosting technology on offer. That's why we chose Ilisys as our hosting provider of choice.
Ilisys’ data centre located right here in Australia as there is no substitute for a hosting company having immediate 24-hour access to its own servers.
Over the years, this has advantaged Mindwire customers in a number of ways:
- When required, maintenance outages are scheduled to take place at times when Australian internet usage is low.
American facilities will schedule outages to suit American businesses. That's primetime for Australian internet users.
- Ilisys technicians have immediate and unhindered 24-hour access to servers and network infrastructure.
- Sites hosted on Australian servers appear as Australian sites when users search Google Australia.
The Ilisys data centre utilizes a 100 Mb upstream connection to Optus. This guarantees that sites will load faster for Australian users than equivalent sites hosted in the United States.
Hourly backups & Free, instant restores Snap Restore
The integrity of your website data is as important to us as it is to you.
Unlike any other hosting company on earth, your website is backed up every single hour of every single day.
Each of these hourly backups is kept for 24 hours and can be restored in minutes from within your toolkit.
Six daily and one weekly backup are also on hand at all times.
Restoring your website is almost immediate, and the restored data is identical to the point at which the Snapshot copy was created.
Spam filtering & Email virus blocking
Email has become the de facto method of communication in business and our customers have grown to expect their email to be handled securely, promptly and reliably.
Delivering on this expectation is complex, as email typically passes through many systems from sender to recipient and each system presents the opportunity for error or failure.
Unlike many providers, our provider has developed systems to ensure that your email is managed as carefully as is technically possible while within their network.
In addition, advanced learning systems prevent the delivery of spam and email viruses.
- Email transit times are to be kept to an absolute minimum;
- Services are to be available 24x7 with uninterrupted uptime;
- Email spam and viruses blocked as completely as possible;
- Over-engineering, to allow for spam and virus storms.
Attributes of the email system
- Splits the email services into logical functions:
- Incoming email;
- Spam/virus scanning;
- Delivery to local accounts or forwarding to remote email addresses
- Clusters each service for maximum reliability (except webmail)
- Uses best of breed, open source software for each function
- Blocks connections from known spammers using Spamhaus.
- 24x7 monitoring of queue levels and service availability for fast response if problems arise.
How it works
When someone sends an email from the mail client on their computer, typically it gets sent to their ISPs outgoing mail server (aka SMTP server). That server will queue the email for ongoing delivery to the recipient's mail server.
If we manage that email for the recipient, it will be received on one of the cluster of MX (or Mail eXchange) servers. In order to minimise spam, these servers will not accept connections from certain computers run by known spammers as listed at Spamhaus.org.
From there, the email is passed to the spam/virus scanning cluster. If the email contains a virus detected by the ClamAV anti-virus scanner, it will be quarantined at this point. The email is also processed on these servers by SpamAssassin. This software gives each email a score as to the likelihood of it being spam. If that score is over 8, then it is virtually certain to be spam and will be quarantined as such. If that score is over 5, it is quite likely to be spam and will be marked as spam in the headers and, if the recipient has requested it, in the Subject line. If that score is less than 5, it is probably not spam.
As this is only a probability, and since spam is always changing, some email that is spam may not get marked as spam. However, Ilisys set these levels so that it is very unlikely to get any false positives; that is, email quarantined that is legitimate email.
After email is cleared of being spam or a virus, it gets passed to the delivery mail servers. These look at the settings for the recipient email address as set in your Toolkit and either delivers to a local mail account, or forwards to an external email address as appropriate.
For email delivered to a local mail account, this will be placed in the user's mail directory on the central NetApp filer to await collection by the recipient using either a mail client on their computer, or webmail.
Users using a remote mail client can use either POP or IMAP protocols to collect the emails via our cluster of POP/IMAP servers. Alternatively they can access their emails online via the webmail server.
All our hosting and CMS customers are entitled to free technical support by phone or email.
We are proud of the quality of our technical support.
Supported hours are:
08:00 - 20:00 AEST - Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00 AEST - Saturdays - Sunday
How are visitors getting to your site? How are they using your site? Are visitors converting into customers? Which marketing efforts are paying off? Urchin answers these questions and more with detailed unique visitor reports.
In fact, Urchin 5 sets the bar with the most advanced visitor tracking methods in the industry. Among other mega-sites, Urchin 5 is used by NASA.
Urchin by Email
Unique to Ilisys, Urchin By Email allows you to keep tabs on your site's performance when you are too busy to routinely access your live reports.
Subscribers to Urchin By Email receive detailed performance reports in their inbox at a set time, determined by you. Urchin By Email keeps you appraised of traffic sources and visitor behavior - essential information for any site owner.
Improve Your Site - Increase Revenue
Urchin's reports allow you to optimize your website and save money by increasing the effectiveness of your marketing dollars.
And Urchin 5 is the only analytics product to use Adobe's SVG technology to display stunning charts and graphs that load instantly. Change your report's date range or use Urchin's report side filters to modify the information you are viewing and Urchin's graphics update in a blink - leaving competing products in the dust.
Urchin Saves You Money
Urchin 5 is essential for anyone interested in the design, marketing or overall success of their website and it is the low price leader in quality web analytics.
Urchin Is Smarter
Urchin is the most accurate web analytics products on the market. How? By using both log files and cookie information. Urchin captures visitor parameters and true path data via the Urchin Tracking Module (UTM2), a free, client-side data collection component that transparently sends additional data back to the server and into the log file. The UTM2 uses a first-party cookie to overcome the effects of caches, proxies, and IP-recycling to provide the most accurate and complete reporting available from ANY analytics solution.
- Apache 1.3.x running in a load balanced, fully redundant cluster
- PHP 4.4, mod_php4
- Full Perl CGI support with SuExec
- Python CGI support with SuExec
- Private IP addresses for use with SSL
- Wildcard DNS for *.domain.com
- Automatic subdomain mapping: sub.yourdomain.com -> yourdomain.com/sub sub.yourdomain.com mapping: subdomain> >
- Qmail SMTP
- Spamassassin and ClamAV for spam/virus filtering
- Webmail (IMAP) over http and https
- Each email message is an individual file in your mail directory
- Email addresses and accounts are only limited by available space
- Unlimited forwarding to other addresses
- Vacation and out-of-office autoreplies
- View a full archive of your service history
- View transfer and storage usage and configure alert emails
- Manage FTP and MySQL clusters
- Manage email addresses, spam handling, local delivery, forwarding and autoreplies
- Manage all aspects of DNS including subdomains and MX
- One click install WordPress, phpBB or Gallery
- Restore from backup instantly using NetApp SnapRestore
- Configure Urchin By Email traffic reports
- Create downloadable backups
Urchin Web statistics
- Urchin 5 basic report set is standard
- Urchin By Email delivers reports by email daily, weekly or monthly
- Automatic, hourly Snapshot backups of website home directories, stored emails and MySQL databases
- Nightly tape backups
- Downloadable backups of all data may be created within the Toolkit
- 30 Snapshot backups are available covering each of the most recent 24 hours, and the six most recent midnights
- Tape backups are stored for seven days
- Instant restores to any Snapshot are available at all times in the Toolkit
- Restore to any of the previous hourly snapshots of your home directory from the Toolkit
- Create downloadable backups of your Website, Secure Website, Email Accounts and any MySQL databases.